Jobs in The World Bank
The World Bank Group (WBG) is composed of five international organizations:
• International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
• International Development Association (IDA)
• International Finance Corporation (IFC)
• Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA)
• International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
The WBG was founded in 1945; its purpose consisted of giving low-interest loans to countries, especially the poorest ones. The money from these loans must be used in fields like education, health, agricultural development, environmental protection, infrastructure, natural resources, etc.
The countries that are entitled to these loans without interest are extremely poor. That is because the World Bank is a nonprofit organization, and its main objective is to help countries in order to reduce poverty in the world. For this reason the World Bank has to look for its own funds. So, they do different activities with rich countries; for example, they give loans with a little more interest, they provide technical assistance to companies, etc.
Organization website: http://www.worldbank.org
English code: Bank
Spanish code: Banco
THE WORLD BANK JOB OFFERS
|JOB OFFER||JOB TYPE||COUNTRY||ADDED ON||DEADLINE|