Jobs in Organization of American States
The Organization of American States (OAS) is an organization created by the sign of the Charter of the OAS, in Bogota, Colombia, in 1948. This charter has been amended several times, being the last one in 1992, by the Protocol of Washington. This organization was created to achieve peace and justice among its members in order to reinforce their collaboration and solidarity, to defend their sovereignty and their independence.
The OAS is constituted by 35 Members States. Besides, it has permanent observers, 62 apart from the European Union. The number of members makes it the most important juridical, political and social forum in the Hemisphere.
The principal purposes of the Organization of American States are:
• To guarantee the peace of the continent.
• To consolidate the democracy in each of the Member States.
• To prevent conflicts among the members.
• To look for solution for political, juridical or economical problems among the Members States.
• To develop common action to improve their economical, social and cultural level.
• To abolish extreme poverty.
• To limited to amount of money used in the acquisition of weapons and to promote its use in social development.
• To coordinate common actions if one of the States is attacked.
The Organization has four main pillars to fulfill these purposes: democracy, human rights, security, and development.
The Organization of American States is composed by the General Assembly, the Permanent Council, the Ministers of foreign affairs, the General Secretariat and some specialized conferences and organizations.
Organization website: http://www.oas.org
English code: OAS
Spanish code: OEA
ORGANIZATION OF AMERICAN STATES JOB OFFERS
|JOB OFFER||JOB TYPE||COUNTRY||ADDED ON||DEADLINE|