Jobs in UNESCO
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) was founded on 16 November, 1945. It is a specialized agency of the United Nations whose principal objective is to achieve peace and security in the world through education, science and culture.
UNESCO has its headquarters in Paris, France, but it also has many offices around the whole globe. These offices allow a better communication between UNESCO and each one of the member states.
UNESCO has 5 general objectives:
• Attaining quality education for all and lifelong learning.
• Mobilizing science knowledge and policy for sustainable development.
• Addressing emerging social and ethical challenges.
• Fostering cultural diversity, intercultural dialogue and a culture of peace.
• Building inclusive knowledge societies through information and communication.
And it concentrates in two particular aspects:
• Gender Equality.
Since October 2009, the date when the Faroe Islands became a member state, UNESCO has had 193 members States and 7 associate Members. Its governing body is divided in: The General Conference, the Executive Board and the Secretariat.
• The General Conference: It is composed by the representatives of the estates members and meets every two years; in these meetings, its programs and budget are defined. The General Conference also chooses the Executive Board every four years and assigns its tasks.
• The Executive Board: It has 58 members and it meets two times a year. It supervises the decisions and the work of the General Conference. It also prepares the agenda for the conferences.
• The Secretariat: Its main function is to assist the executive board in everything that is needed.
Organization website: http://www.unesco.org
English code: UNESCO
Spanish code: UNESCO
UNESCO JOB OFFERS
|JOB OFFER||JOB TYPE||COUNTRY||ADDED ON||DEADLINE|